Navas & Cusí Law Firm
General Secretary of the BoD
Rodanthi Tzortzaki-Partner Navas & Cusí Law Firm
High Profile Litigation Lawyer and Business Consultant with specialization in cross- border business law, international private law, contract negotiation and extensive 15 years’ litigation experience before all grades of Greek, European Courts and Spanish Courts. She is registered as an attorney in both Athens and Barcelona Bar Association and she has gained exceptional interpersonal skills and solid knowledge in the following competencies on a National and European environment:
– tax strategies for transborder based European Companies, Doble Taxation Treaties, and tax compliance with said Treaties, legal counsel on cases of Commercial Law and in particular: representation of commercial enterprises active in the hotel sector, in the marketing and production of agricultural products between Greece and Spain, in the field of investment funds (mainly holding companies and trading).
– company law of cross-border interest mainly between Greece and Spain (establishment of branches of Spanish companies in Greece, due diligence for the purchase or rental of hotels in Greece by companies of Spanish interests, extrajudicial and judicial actions to avoid double taxation, etc.).
– drafting, control and negotiation of commercial contracts, formation and transfer of shares of foreign companies established in Greece of Law 27/1975, appointment of temporary administration and liquidator of companies
– representation in real estate contracts, tax appeals against inheritance tax acts, actions against IKA fines for undeclared workers ,representation in criminal courts resulting mainly from offences of tax evasion, arbitrary construction, non-payment of employer contributions and the abuse of lenders.
– Legal Actions before the European Commission for European law infringements of member states, fair competition European legislation and European Trademarks.
She has also acted as Lawyer of the Municipality of Marathon in Greece from 2011 until 2016 for cases mainly:
– in the field of Property Law and in particular: drafting, monitoring and representation during the adjudication of Land Registry objections for the registration of rights of the Municipality, as well as representation before the competent Courts on behalf of the Municipality in cases of disputes of Law 1337/83, recognition of beneficiaries, definition of unit price, questioning by private individuals of property damages, contributions to land and money, actions and injunctions of private individuals against the Municipality for the recognition of ownership of real estate, drafting of legal opinions in cases of disputes of rights of the Municipality by the Church of Greece, the Directorate of Forests of East Attica and the Real Estate Company of the State
– Judicial representation of the Municipality for the collection of overdue claims against individuals from the rental of municipal real estate and bequests.
-Legal recommendations to the municipal council on major legal issues (e.g. execution of PPC cable installation projects, PPC substation, municipal real estate management and bequests). Representation in the administrative courts in appeals and applications for annulment against the Municipality by Law 1337/83, drafting and adjudication of appeals of the Municipality against acts imposing fines (e.g. port authority and KED).
She holds a Master’s degree with Honours in International Business Law from the University of Barcelona and a Master’s degree in Environmental Law from the University of Sorbonne, Paris.
She is a partner at the Spanish Law Firm Navas Cusi Abogados with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Athens and Brussels where she runs the European Law Department of the Firm. She speaks and advises clients in Greek, Spanish, English and French.